[thelist] Automatic Higlighting

s t e f stef at nota-bene.org
Thu Jul 19 11:02:21 CDT 2001

Adam E. wrote:

>> With JSP I have written a form that sends information from one page's
>> form to another page's one. This works all fine and dandy except that
>> the information must be highlighted or selected by the user before the
>> submit button will work correctly. I cannot seem to get the OnSumbit
>> JavaScript working correctly so I was wondering if anyone of you knows
>> of how to script this correctly.
>

> Could you show us the generated source?
>

> -Theres a bit too much to put on email, do you or does ANYONE know of a
> simple JavaScript that just selects every item in a list on a onCLick or
> onSubmit or OnAnything command. The basic script is all I'm looking for,
> I can tailor it to my website.

In fact I was looking for your source to better understand your question.
Basically aren't you looking for an onChange event?

If I understood your question correctly, you want the form to submit
itself as soon as an option changes, right?

--
s t e f

<url>http://www.nota-bene.org/</url>
<irc network="ircnet">#notabene</irc>