[thelist] CF smoke and mirrors

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Thu Jul 19 12:41:19 CDT 2001

| Maybe if you
| can explain the problem you are trying to solve a little better?

Well,

You asked for it. 8)

Each page has a form, each form a number of fields (of course). When the
page loads, the fields its form contains determines which javascript
functions to validate them on the client side are loaded into the page.
Since they are loaded from a database, I don't know what the fields are
named for any arbitrary form, so I was looking for a way to dynamically
allocate the space and variable for each field in CF on return of the form,
which could then be looped through, accessed for a value, it elements used
as placeholder values, etc.

Currently I think that I will use a structure and the function StructInsert
to build a collection of pages' form's fields... what do you think?

<rory disposition="thankful" alt="8)"/>