[thelist] CF smoke and mirrors

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 19 12:58:29 CDT 2001

rory,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
:
: Currently I think that I will use a structure
: and the function StructInsert to build a
: collection of pages' form's fields... what do
: you think?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you get the names from the database right now?  just loop through that
recordset and create form field variables.

<cfloop query="getfields">
  <cfparam name="form.#getfields.name#" default="">
</cfloop>

or, to make it cleaner and fewer hashes, this might work as well:

<cfloop query="getfields">
  <cfparam name="form[getfields.name]" default="">
</cfloop>

no time to test so i'm not positive that'll work.

is that what you're needing?

thanks,

.jeff

http://evolt.org/