[thelist] Site Critique requested [salvationarmyslu.org]

Ryan Siegel sunyrain at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 19 14:13:33 CDT 2001

\\ ------------------ "
> extra links/buttons that show up when I mouse over "your help" are
> appearing in the centre of the bar.. Is that correct? Seems rather
> counterintuitive to be right. Also, it doesn't disappear when I mouse
> over other categories... A bug?
[...]
> ..first impressions: some of the images for the nav on the left
> aren't done correctly... They are obscuring the bevel...
[...]
> Erm, perhaps you could label the map of st. lucia on the right?
[...]
> In the header too, there is a wonky issue around the logo... Killing
> the bevel/shadow...
[...]
> It just seems that the header is extremely unbalanced..
" ------------------ //
I agree with the statements above.

Also, you might want to link the logo on the top-left home as well as the
"Welcome to..." above to the home page. This is a pseudostandard. Besides
the site needs a "Home" link.

I would also reccommend that you increase the cellpadding on the table in
the news page, or:
http://www.salvationarmyslu.org/index.cfm?pg=news

Also, the home page's title. I think it would be good to change the title to
something more like
"St. Lucia Salvation Army"
instead of "Welcome to the Salvation Army"
remember, the title of a page is a biggy when it comes to ranking high in
searches. You also want to be accurate as to what the site is. It isn't the
Salvation Army's, it is _St. Lucia's_ Salvation Army.

HTH
  - Ryan S.