[thelist] best PHP Book anybody?

Flavia Silveira-Tarzwell (FayeC) fayec at canada.com
Thu Jul 19 18:01:39 CDT 2001

Hi,

I am in an awkard situation...I taking a web design and development
course (mostly for the certificate than anything else...long story...)
and after 3 1/2 months I am finally seeing something I didn't know
before...PHP!
Because the course is a short term course a bunch of languages were
compressed in just a few months which makes them all confusing after a
while...
I bought two good books to go deeper into ASP and XML but I have no idea
which book to buy to learn more about PHP as we won't be seeing it in
depth at all.
Anybody out there has any pros/cons about specific books in the market?
My teacher told me to get the Beginning PHP4 by Wrox but I wanted to
have more opinions before investing on the books....

Thanks,

--
Flavia Tarzwell (FayeC)
Web Designer/Developer