[thelist] best PHP Book anybody?

john corry john at neoncowboy.com
Thu Jul 19 20:12:05 CDT 2001

I just started teaching myself this programming stuff this year, I bought
lots of books...

My personal favorite one is 'MySQL/PHP Database Applications' by Jay
Greenspan. It assumes a basic familiarity with the language (variables,
types, functions, etc) but really helped me from the ground up to gain an
understanding of not only how to write code, but how to solve common
problems that arise in database apps. I progressed quickly with this book
and highly reccomend it.

jc