[thelist] (no subject)

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Fri Jul 20 01:41:50 CDT 2001

> Also, in reference to Richard Bennett's comment about the script used to
> browser detect... Normally I'd suspect your right, but that script been on
> our site for over a month with out any problems.  I check the site daily
> with NS and IE, and I had no problem with crashes until I put the code for
> the popup in.  But, I could be wrong so I've switched them around to make
> NS the default choice.

There's nothing wrong with browser detection, it's the document.write that I
expect is crashing NS4, line 22 of navlvl1.js:

   document.write("<LINK REL=stylesheet HREF=\"css/applebymainns.css\"
TYPE=\"text/css\">");

If commenting out this line stops NS4 crashing, you would replace all of
this part with this:

 if (version!="NS")
 /* NOT NS URL */
   document.write("<LINK REL=stylesheet HREF=\"css/applebymain.css\"
TYPE=\"text/css\">");

and in the head of the document include the NS stylesheet the normal way:

<LINK REL=stylesheet HREF="css/applebymainns.css" TYPE="text/css">

Another unrelated thing I noticed was that changing the browsers font-size
to "larger" (in IE5.5) had no effect on the text-size of the articles.
(which is very small)

Richard.