[thelist] CF question: recuperate querystring

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Fri Jul 20 07:16:42 CDT 2001

The entire string is available in a CGI var, CGI.QUERY_STRING, so, if you
are doing a "show ad on first hit" type thing, your Application.cfm could
have:

<CFIF NOT IsDefined("Cookie.Adhit")>
	<CFINCLUDE TEMPLATE="Ad.cfm">
</CFIF>

Ad.cfm could be:

<!--- Ad crap here --->
<CFCOOKIE NAME="Adhit" VALUE="RayCamdenWasHere">

In the "Ad Crap" area, for your meta refresh, just have it point to
#CGI.SCRIPT_NAME# (this will be everything before the ?) and
#CGI.QUERY_STRING#, like so...

URL="#CGI.SCRIPT_NAME#?#CGI.QUERY_STRING#"

I hope this makes sense.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email   : jedimaster at macromedia.com
ICQ UIN : 3679482