[thelist] design hell

Peter Van Dijck peter at vardus.com
Fri Jul 20 10:32:41 CDT 2001

Hi all,
I have been working at redesigning the backend a website . I'm also
changing the look of the site, but I have now realised: I am not a
designer. Definitely not. (Very definitely) IA yes, design nope. Can't do it.

The old site is at http://poorbuthappy.com/colombia. A new design is at
<http://poorbuthappy.com/colombia/preview/colombia.htm>.

The navigation is kind of set (must be in those tables, not those colors
ofcourse!), but everything else is changeable (logo, colors, ...).
The design (and I apologise for calling it that, it really is damn ugly) is
here: <http://poorbuthappy.com/colombia/preview/colombia.htm>.

I am looking for a kind soul with some design ability and god-like html
skills to design this baby. I'm hoping for someone who knows how to use css
and make stuff accessible and fast loading. I can do that myself actually,
it just looks like shit. The site gets over 60.000 pageviews a month, so
your efforts will be appreciated and seen by many (it's a non-profit site).
And you get full credit ofcourse, and our eternal gratitude. (and I'll buy
you many drinks of your choice if you live in London)

Just let me know if you want to have a go. All I need is one or two pages
designed in html (or even just a PSD file). I will integrate them in the
site (all the boring work).

Thanks!
Peter

<tip>
Save often in Visio, it's a beast and badly coded (it crashes a lot).
</tip>
http://liga1.com building multiple language/culture websites
http://cms-watch.com content management systems beta
http://xmliseasy.com beta