[thelist] [OT] Anyone read Chinese? What was this search for?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Fri Jul 20 17:58:38 CDT 2001

Anyone read Chinese? What was this search for?

Anyone know what they were searching for here:
http://usa.pchome.com.tw/cgi-bin/search?key=%B3%5D%ADp&pg=7&con=c

And why I'm a search result?

I got a referer from that search, and I'm flattered they're coming to my
site, but am curious as to what they searched for that could find my
little "artlung.com."

Anyone have any ideas?

I'm guessing they must be using the dmoz.org database (which is cool) -
but when they search - are they searching in English or Chinese? And how
does /that/ work?

Very curious...

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>

<tip subject="linkchecking, site metrics">
Xenu is such a great linkchecking tool.

One of the coolest things it does is it has the capability to export a
tab delimited file of all your urls, the filenames, the filesizes, and
the types. Having that capability lets you do things like calculate the
total size of your site in an access or other database. It's possibly
the niftiest, coolest freeware I've ever run across. Damned useful.

Check it out.
http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html
</tip>