[thelist] The XP Deal?

Daniel S. O'Shea doshea at surfree.com
Fri Jul 20 22:01:06 CDT 2001

So I've heard basically:

The Microsoft OS of XP will need a 'key'. To be activated through a phone
call or such. One computer, one OS.

If you have two personal systems, a notebook to take on the road and one to
have at home, you have to pay for 2 OS's of XP.

Also, if your system goes down and you need to reinstall, you have to call
and get a new key.

Some of you may think this fine and dandy, but I for one think it's
Bullsh&t!!

Do I have to buy a music CD for my portable and have to buy a duplicate for
my home stereo system? Hell no.

I don't have a problem with buying software as I'm not into the copying
illegally, but to start paying for the same thing multiple times is
outrageous.

I'll hold onto Windows 2000 for as long as I can and then go to Linux!

Dan O.