[thelist] OT: Where do I report SPAM?

webmaster at menouno.com webmaster at menouno.com
Sun Jul 22 02:24:59 CDT 2001

On 22 Jul 2001, at 10:17, Hershel Robinson wrote about [thelist]
OT: Where do I report SPAM?:

> I received a lovely email today from "Spliffix" (nic at spliffix.dk)
> asking me to open up and check out his .zip.com file.  Where do I turn
> this guy in?

nowhere, I'm afraid. And I hope you didn't launch the attachment.
This one sounds like another message carrying
I-Worm-Sircam. The sender address is randomly picked from any address
list on the affected pc.

You could check the message headers to find the IP the message
originated from, run a Whois to identify the provider and mail abuse@
asking them to trace the user connected to that IP at the time the
message was sent, to suggest him/her an urgent virus scan on the
sending machine.

ciao

Massimo