[thelist] The XP Deal?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 22 11:27:06 CDT 2001

[name trimmed, since this isn't a reprimand]
[...]
> First off, it's not off topic. I've seen posts regarding a number of
> MS programs, suites, operating systems, etc. Since when do these
> topics become 'off-topic'...and why did you not mention the XP topic
> IS 'off-topic' before this post?  hmmmm.....

if it doesn't deal with web development, it's off-topic... however,
many threads pop up briefly that aren't quite on-topic, but they tend
to be brief and include tips... if a thread goes on forever, then an
admin might suggest it get moved to thechat...

[...]
> <tip>Open your eyes</tip>

this is not a good tip... it's also a bit combative... neither of those is
appropriate for the list...

this tread should have tips, and you should all especially trim your
posts... there's nothing worse than getting the digest filled with un-
trimmed, un-tipped, off-topic posts...

<tip>
Since there are lots of conversations people would like to have that
are generally off-topic, we have a list just for that.  It's called
thechat, and is open to posting jokes, recipes, manifestos, etc.