[thelist] The XP Deal?

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Sun Jul 22 12:50:59 CDT 2001

> So I went to categories which I assume are 'on-topic' and it lists
> 'software'. I've seen many long threads on OS software, 95, 98, NT and
2000,
> which I have always considered a 'web development topic.' and tips have
> rarely been left.

How many of them were along the lines of, "This page seems to break when
viewed on Windows NT using IE 4" or "Any good HTML editors for the Mac?"

Most OS threads (that I can recall) deal in some way with web development,
whether dealing with software for editing web pages, servers which run on
certain OS-es, or site critiques using a particular OS.

I would say that a complaint about the copy-protection used on an OS doesn't
much deal with web development.

This will hopefully be my last comment on this topic (I can't think of any
good tips . . . )

<tip>
Yesterday on the cf-talk list, someone posted a link to a "contest" where
you would come up with Cold Fusion code which would search several "People
Search" sites and generate e-mails of people based on a last name. The prize
was $100, and the guy running the "contest" gets all rights to use your
code.

This was a thinly-veiled attempt at getting someone else to do code for him
dirt cheap.

So . . . if you don't have time to do a portion of a web development
project.  Subcontract it out. Don't be a cheapskate.
</tip>

Scott