[thelist] offline php development (fwd)

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Sun Jul 22 17:58:08 CDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 17:50:13 -0400
From: Jonathon Isaac Swiderski <jonathon.swiderski at oberlin.edu>
To: thelist at evolt.org
Subject: offline php development

<tip type="offline php development">
Even if you don't have an internet connection, you can still check your
PHP, etc., work --
if you have Red Hat (and some other distroes), Apache and PHP came with.
(they may have to be installed, but that's not hard work. . .)  Set your
browser o' choice (or another one) to 127.0.0.1, the standard localsite
address (or localsite.localdomain, or [machine-name].localdomain), and
away
ye go.
If not, you may have to do a bit more work, but Apache and PHP (the combo
my experiments hoster, members.evolt.org, uses) are both available for
many
platforms, including both strains of Windows and many Unices. (Maccers
seem
to be out of luck, as far as i can tell from the Apache & PHP sites).

happy coding!
</tip>

--
Jonathon Isaac Swiderski             Community Svc. Assessment Project:
121 E College St                     http://members.evolt.org/jswiders
Oberlin OH 44074                     jswiders at oberlin.edu

"Where is the mob?  I have got to  follow them; I am their leader!"
-Ledru-Rollin, leftist leader of the French Revolution of 1848