[thelist] temporary downloadable files with CF

matthew garrett matthew.garrett at snet.net
Mon Jul 23 08:49:33 CDT 2001

The gist of it:
user searches a bibliography and can choose to have the results as a
downloadable, formatted, text file. I don't want a massive build-up of these
files on the server. I'm thinking that I should assign them file names from
a pool of filenames (say 25 of them). So we have temp09.txt, and 25 users
from now we have a new temp09.txt overwrite the file - and there are never
more than 25 files on the server.

The question is, how do i manage the changing filenames? I'll probably come
up with it later, but a head-start would be nice...

maybe a currenttempfile variable in the application.cfm, which gets
incremented when I upload a file? does that sound right?

Thanks,
matt