[thelist] temporary downloadable files with CF

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Mon Jul 23 08:55:29 CDT 2001

Hey Matthew,

> The gist of it:
> user searches a bibliography and can choose to have the results as a
> downloadable, formatted, text file. I don't want a massive  build-up
> of these files on the server.

You can use CFCONTENT to deliver live data to the user in the file format of your choice.  This keeps you from having to manage temporary files on your server.

Take Care,

Seth
"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness.  Think of your three best friends.  If they're okay, then it's you."  -Rita Mae Brown
Seth Bienek
Digitaris Technologies, Inc.
tel (972) 690-4131, ext. 103
fax (972) 690-0617