[thelist] PGP encrypt then decrypt HTML email?

Mark Gregor mark at velir.com
Mon Jul 23 15:56:29 CDT 2001

Hi,

We have a script that is successfully encrypting an email message then
sending this message out in plain text format to be decrypted by a
recipient.  For a variety of reasons, we would like to change this email
to display the text in HTML format, but the problem is that  when the
HTML email is decrypted by the recipient, it simply shows all of the
HTML code rather than actually rendering the HTML.  The recipient is
using a new version of PGP and an HTML compliant mail reader.

Along with other standard headers, we're writing the following to encode
the email as HTML:

Content-type:text/html

Are we missing anything?

Any thoughts are appreciated.