[thelist] VIRUS!!

Daniel S. O'Shea doshea at surfree.com
Mon Jul 23 17:32:36 CDT 2001

For those of you who may have a disagreement with anyone on the list, please
beware. On Sunday I had a disagreement on this list concerning XP. Since
then, I've received 6 emails that have an attached file that contains the
W32.Sircam.Worm at mm virus.

Fortunately, I have Norton's Professional Edition and have all files scanned
prior to opening, hence, my system lock's my file up before I can open it.
Beautiful program.

Do I believe the virus sent to me was by that individual? No, 100%, no. Do I
believe possibly it was sent by someone else on this list? Yes. Last year I
had almost 6 million hits on my site and not one email with a virus on it.
This year, with the numbers running better, I had no email with a virus in
it until after Sunday's disagreement.

Being the Irish rogue I am, I can have a knock down fight one night and buy
the same person a cold brew the next. So no skin off my back. This is just
to let the list know, it's possible someone who may disagree with a post of
yours, possibly will send you this virus.

Of course, when I tried to send the email back, it came back with MAIL
DELIVERY FAILURE. I don't care whose sending them as I now have their email
forwarded to my deleted file. Just a warning.

Dan O.

<TIP>While Norton's and McAfee's Virus protection programs are some of the
most well known, a very nice program called 'Fix It' is worth it's bang for
a buck. Once purchased the updates have been free for almost two years, and
it has a Utility feature to fix files and registry items. </TIP>