[thelist] VIRUS!!

Gord Grisenthwaite sparky_t at telus.net
Mon Jul 23 18:52:05 CDT 2001

Hey:

Sircam has been mailed to me at least 15 times a day since Saturday 21 July.
My machine was infected briefly. This is the worst virus I've encountered
since 1996, and the only one (touch wood) to get past my virus checker, and
onto my system.

I think it's unprofessional to suggest that the people who use this list
would resort to germ warfare over a silly disagreement. I think it's rather
childish, actually. Grow up, Massimo.

<tip>
Sircam tends to hide itself in the recycle bin, and so escapes the virus
scan. It pretends to be a simple request for help with a file. The one that
got me was .xls. I have also seen  .doc .com, and .pif. Removal instructions
are on the Norton site http://www.symantec.com/  site.
</tip>

Cheers,
Gord Grisenthwaite