[thelist] cold fusion 5 was:(VIRUS!!)

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Jul 23 21:51:26 CDT 2001

Raymond(or any other cf5 folks) -

I've been looking at upgrading to CF5 but have been concerned a bit
about he memory req's for it(sure RAM is cheap, but some of us have long
ass uptimes going and don't want a reboot :).. i understand that its
x00% faster than cf4.5. is that x00% increase in performance a direct
result of the extra RAM that is required caching the shit outa
everything? or, would a cf4.5 box that i have with 128Mb of RAM see the
same x00% increase if i added another 128Mb or 256Mb of RAM?

Not trying to stir any bad karma here or anything, just looking a
truthfull opinion that you always provide :)

.djc.