OT RE: [thelist] VIRUS!!

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Tue Jul 24 02:06:51 CDT 2001

Ermm, directly after reading this thread and feeling all sad and icky, I
went to take a look at Slashdot. I thought that all of you who've been
receiving a lot of virii recently should go and take a look at their current
poll and you'll see you're not at all alone!

http://www.slashdot.org (contains the poll)
http://slashdot.org/pollBooth.pl?qid=mailvirus&aid=3 (Poll results &
comments)

(An interesting point is the number of people posting comments that they
originally suspected that the virus they are receiving was aimed
specifically at them.....)

In the words of The National Lottery adverts "It could happen to YOU!".

<tip type="Virus hoaxes">

If you're like me, you quite often have people sending you hoax virus
warnings. I like to send them to http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/ to take a look
at the list of known virus hoaxes.

Of course, CIAC have a more serious function as well, providing real
security and virus warnings here: http://www.ciac.org/ciac/

</tip>

Steve Cook
web strategist