[thelist] Apache - Aliase's

Adrian Fischer adrian at logo-logic.com
Tue Jul 24 04:55:24 CDT 2001

Hi Gang,

Take pitty on me as I am very new to apache, althoug I can say with some
pride I got it up and running quickly...initially.

I now have another directory that I want to access so I know I have to set
up an aliase.  And that is were it all comes tumbling down.

Im on a windows system and my Document root is set to: C:/aussiebidder.com
(aussiebidder.com being a directory)

I need to access this directory now:
C:/AAA_webwork
(another directory)

Below Ive attached what Iive done but it gives me 403 erors...
I know it will blindlingly obvious but it isnt ...just yet.

Your help is appreciated

Thanks

Adrian Fischer

# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other locations.
#
DocumentRoot "C:/aussiebidder.com"
Alias  /AAA_webwork/  /"C:/aussiebidder.com"
#
# Each directory to which Apache has access, can be configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# permissions.
#
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

#
# Note that from this point forward you must specifically allow
# particular features to be enabled - so if something's not working as
# you might expect, make sure that you have specifically enabled it
# below.
#

#
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "C:/aussiebidder.com">

#
# This may also be "None", "All", or any combination of "Indexes",
# "Includes", "FollowSymLinks", "ExecCGI", or "MultiViews".
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#

#
# This controls which options the .htaccess files in directories can
# override. Can also be "All", or any combination of "Options", "FileInfo",
# "AuthConfig", and "Limit"
#
    AllowOverride None

#