[thelist] cold fusion cookie question

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Tue Jul 24 13:24:38 CDT 2001

>  This isn't a CF issue, looks like a cookie protocol issue.

figures

thanks, chris, and thanks for the link

> Have you ever done cookies with Javascript,
> or any other language, on this domain?

nope, this'll be my first

i am *this close* to just saying fuck it, no way i'm using www.rudy.ca, so
netscape can shove their three dots where the sun don't shine (no pun
intended)

is there nobody else with a domain that isn't one of the
Holy Seven (com, net, etc.) that has implemented cookies?
how have you solved the problem of three levels?

also, somebody please tell me is there any serious downside to handling
user session management using only url variables, as in

   foo.cfm?CFID=123456&CFTOKEN=12345678

(other than, of course, it being butt ugly)

naturally, i'm not worried about urls like this getting indexed in search
engines, because they would never hit the login script and get the
cfid/cftoken assigned, right?

allaire is no friggin help either -- go to their site and enter
"cfid cftoken" into their search box and you get 0 results

yeah, yeah, maybe i should try "cfid AND cftoken" (granted, it's a
*developer* site, they can *expect* us to know these things)

okay, i found one article that says HTTP_REFERER will carry the url
parameters over to any other site

that sucks, too

sorry, i'm just in a bad mood, i guess

cookies sounded so neat, until today