[thelist] re VIRUS--spam??

Valerie L Walker wholebody at sfo.com
Tue Jul 24 16:05:12 CDT 2001

for the past week i have been receiving a large number of emails from the
two following senders:
 Dennis De Rosas <helen at polywell.com>
"DABEYTA-KENNON"<DABEYTA-KENNON at email.msn.com>

the message is always the same:
<Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks>

Each email has an attachment with suffixes like .bat or.pif and the posts
come in batches of 6 to 8 at a time. Naturally, I have trashed all these
without opening the attachments, and also have routed them to my trash on
receipt. The interesting thing is that while I am downloading my mail,
every one of these attachments gets an error message from the ISP which
says something to the effect of "this file could not be properly decoded"
and which gives me the options to try again, remove from the server, or
leave on the server. I have been removing them.

Has anyone else on the list been getting anything similar?  Is there
anything I can do to stop the barrage? It seems like something automated.

thanks,

Valerie Walker

wholebody at sfo.com (home)
valeriewalker_99 at yahoo.com (away)