[thelist] cold fusion cookie question

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Tue Jul 24 17:42:41 CDT 2001

".jeff" wrote:
> :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> : so it looks like cookies just won't work for me
> :~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> on the contrary -- i'm telling you that they'll work just fine and with even
> less effort than you originally imagined.  just use the <cfapplication> tag
> i offered in my last response -- that's all you need.

I'm not as heavy into CF cookies and session management or as
experienced as jeff, but I can't think that in my experiences setting
cookies (in PHP or CF) that I've /ever/ had to set a cookies' domain
explicitly. It's set implicitly by the browser, yes? So if I go to your
site via the IP address, the domain is the IP address, if with the www,
it gets set that way, if without, it gets set that way.

Also make sure to check the settings on your browser to alert you when
cookies get set. I know, that's kind of obvious - but it helps in
debugging.

I may be missing what you're trying to do though. :-\

	- Joe
--
...................  Joe Crawford \\ Web Design & Development
.....  mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com \\ http://www.avencom.com