[thelist] Web Based Calendars

Katherine Spice k.spice at acu.ac.uk
Wed Jul 25 10:21:19 CDT 2001

> And I had remote talks with taking over the development of this calendar
> script, but never got around to finalizing a deal:
>
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/webcal

This is the one I use for my intranets (both at work and home!). It's
very customisable, even for non programmers, and if you know perl, it's
well written enough that you can hack the code directly. Features
include public/open/private calendars and you can define relationships
between calendars, and it can use sendmail to email reminders (just make
sure you've given it the right path!). It's very stable (I'm using 3.03
and have been for a year, with no problems). Finally (not sure if you
care :-) I believe you can set it up to sync with a palm pilot - I keep
meaning to investigate this!

HTH,
Katherine