[thelist] CF: Data Source on a Mapped Drive

Ron Thigpen rthigpen at nc.rr.com
Wed Jul 25 11:05:07 CDT 2001

Exactly.  By default the CF process runs under the SYSTEM account.
SYSTEM does not (and I believe, cannot) have any priveleges on the any
machine other than itself.    You'll need to create a new user account
for the CF server. Assign this account SYSTEM-like priveleges so that it
can run the CF service. Assign privleges to the remote .mdb file so that
it can access this file.

--rt