[thelist] Search Engine Submissions

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Wed Jul 25 11:18:07 CDT 2001

In addition, there was a thread either here or on Monkeyjunkies a little
under a year ago about these companies that claim to do this.  Most are
scams (take your money and run).

I can honestly say that it wouldn't matter if you submitted to more than ~15
search engines - which you can do yourself.  It doesn't take much to do a
less-than-satisfactory submission that a blanket-submission service would
do, and with _just_a_little_ bit of elbow grease you can really do some
amazing stuff.  I don't trust those companies as far as I can throw them.
If you want to _invest_ a little bit of money (or a lot of money, for me)
into some software that will help you through the process try WebPosition
Gold.  We've used it here for just about a year and love it.  It does things
like scheduled re-submits, reports you can give to clients, etc.  Very cool.

But you can also do it yourself for free.

And that's all I have to say about that.  Steer clear.

Chris.