[thelist] Expired domains on NS

Gertz faust at wwa.com
Wed Jul 25 11:47:23 CDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Gustavo Arizpe wrote:

> Does anyone know if a domain can be transferred from Network Solutions to
> another registrar, such as OpenSRS, AFTER the domain has expired in NS
> database?

I don't have the docs in front of me, but I recall the OpenSRS
documentation explicitly stating something to the effect that domains on
which money is owed or are in some way in dispute cannot be transfered
from another registrar to you as an OpenSRS registrar.  I have transfered
domains, but have never tried transfering one on which money was owed or
which was has expired but was still listed with the previous registrar.
So, you can try it, but I would bet that NS will not ok the transfer
before it is ready to let go of the lapsed domain.

HTH

Faust Gertz