[thelist] CFMAIL with cellphone text messaging

.jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Thu Jul 26 02:04:32 CDT 2001

aaron,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: Aaron Cole
:
: CFMAIL requires a value for the server
: attribute.  My provider is AT&T [cellphone].
: Do I need to contact them for the server
: information?  I can only imagine that nightmare.
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the server attribute is to specify the address of the mail server that will
perform the sending of the mail -- not the receiving of the mail.  unless
you're in a shared hosting environment you probably don't even need to use
that attribute (as the default value is probably specified in the cf admin
and is all that's necessary).  if you are in a shared hosting environment,
talk to your host and find out if it's even necessary.

good luck,

.jeff

http://evolt.org/
jeff at members.evolt.org