[thelist] Search Engine Submissions

Manish Sharma msharma at satyam.net.in
Thu Jul 26 06:31:12 CDT 2001

> I've heard of companies that will submit a website to up to 1000 search
> engines for a fee of ~ $40.00 or something like that
> Does anyone know who they are, how much they cost or how reliable they
are?

Annie, SE submission is a time taking process and there is much to be learnt
each day. From the voices of SE positioning gurus on several lists, I've
come to the conclusion that its best to submit to the the top sites after
studying how they will position your site.

A few excellent resources are:
http://www.searchenginewatch.com
http://www.selfpromotion.com

You can also check the listing of hundreds of SEs and thier "Add URLs" at my
site http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com
Manish

Regards
Manish Sharma