[thelist] Site never finished loading on Mac

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Jul 26 11:06:45 CDT 2001

I experience this on every NT account I have.

As far as I can tell it's an issue where the server does not close
the connection (or a router somewhere doesn't) for packets of certain
lengths when the file is requested by a Mac and goes through a
particular network ... (you can do a trace route on a Mac with
Interarchy - File > Trace Route.

Try putting a ton of comments in the html to make the content length
longer ... force the server to send another packet of a different
size at the end. This sometimes fixes the issue for me.

--

- Erik Mattheis

Tempus omnia revelat ==
Time reveals all things