[thelist] browser safte and developement

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Jul 26 16:09:31 CDT 2001

>  > While developing is it a good idea to have your computers setting
>  > configured for a browser safe palette '8 bit' so that you can see how
>  > badly your site will be scrambled if the user is not viewing it using
>  > 16bit?

Assuming you're using colors outside of the 216 it's a BAD idea to
develop with your monitor at 216 colors: seems pretty obvious to make
it look best at 24 bit and make sure it looks acceptable at lower
bitdepths: besides, it doesn't make sense to be designing in that
your monitor can't show.

>Any feed back or experiences would be appreciated!

Well, a few times recently I decided to change the exact color I
wanted because two of them were resolving to the same color at 216.

<tip type="color palettes" >

If you're going outside of the wen 216, it's easier to come up with
related colors that look good together by use the palettes where you
can change hue and saturation.

</tip>
--

- Erik Mattheis