[thelist] Flash background question

Adam Loper adam at snarlingbadger.com
Thu Jul 26 18:28:24 CDT 2001

I'm using Flash 4 to make a simple animation for a web site. The animation
is supposed to superimpose over the background art that's in the HTML
document. Therefore, the background of the Flash animation needs to be
transparent. I have not yet found out how to do that. When you set the
background color, there is no choice for no color or transparent.

Is there a way to do it in Flash 4? Am I missing it? And if not, can it be
done in Flash 5? We'll buy Flash 5 if necessary.

Please let me know at adam at snarlingbadger.com

Thanks,
a.