[thelist] Fake hover in NN 4.x

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 27 09:45:06 CDT 2001

>Anyone know how to "fake" the a:hover class for Netscape 4.x? I know that
>Netscape 6 supports it, but we still have some users still on 4.5-8
>outthere.

Place every single link in a separate, absolutely positioned layer. Then
copy all these layers and give them a different class for the hover style.
Then give every normal link a mouseover to make the hover link visible and
the normal link invisible and give every hover link a mouseout to make the
normal link visible and the hover link invisible.

Of course this means that you can hardly use links in the normal text flow,
the hover link would not be positioned correctly.

Also, if you have lots and lots of layers (20? 30?) Netscape 4 may crash
anyway.

In short: This is way too complicated, don't bother.

ppk