[thelist] Differences in capabilities of design

Jamie Bakum jamie.bakum at circle.com
Fri Jul 27 13:08:33 CDT 2001

>Fireworks and Photoshop(or other) (and PSP)

Bob,

Photoshop is the industry standard *print* image editing program that has
been massaged (quite well, in my opinion) to handle creation and
optimization of web graphics -

Fireworks was designed from the start to be an image editing program to
handle web graphics -

Both are excellent.

Having come from print design, I primarily use Photoshop, as I'm "used to"
the Adobe interface and I still do print work. If you're going to be doing
mostly web work, I'd lean toward Fireworks, as you won't need the
print-based features and it's cheaper -

PSP is an excellent program for the money, but both Photoshop and Fireworks
are considerably more robust, and if you're planning on doing professional
work, I'd have one or the other.

Jamie