[thelist] data recovery advice please

Colin Mitchell colin_mitchell at wgbh.org
Fri Jul 27 14:25:33 CDT 2001

Ok, I'm going to make some (hopefully good) assumptions here, and guess that
the files were recovered, and you're on a Mac.  If so, when you're
double-clicking on the files, I bet they're loading in SimpleText, and
you're seeing the binary data.  You should try going to the apps you use to
work with these files and choosing 'Open' and then opening the file.  Or,
try dragging them to the appropriate app.

Hope that helps - Colin