[thelist] Re: Differences in capabilities of design

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 27 21:45:41 CDT 2001

Hi All,

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but tonight I went to Barns & Noble
Book Store and read up a little on Dreamweaver and Fireworks (Flash too, but
I was getting carried away with things). The big difference that I see
between them compared to FrontPage and something like PhotoDraw 2000 is that
they are more user friendly offering a better way of being presented to the
user in accomplishing the task at hand. Dreamweaver goes through some of the
same processes as FrontPage but also seems to offer a little more than a
table creation if your working in tables, the same goes for Fireworks when
creating graphics.

 From what I read tonight I would say that Dreamweaver & Fireworks offer a
better way of putting together a design than FrontPage and Image Composer or
PhotoDraw.

Don't get me wrong I like the programs I'm working with now, but I think for
the reasons above I will probably switch when I can afford to.

Bob
---