[thelist] Digital Video - WMV - converting

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Sat Jul 28 10:26:29 CDT 2001

construct wrote:

><snip>
>So Billy (gates) allows me to create these WMV files that
>i would rather turn into mpegs or rp or avi
>anything more common
>Any suggestions.
>Thanks
>neal
>www.gooberland.com

Yeah, that's a little annoying. Just change the .wmv extension to .asf
after encoding is finished and you're set. It works fine - I do that
every other day in a production environment.

btw - Premiere is really cool, but yes, it is intimidating. Windows
Media Indexer will do most things you need to do like splicing and
editing. It's simple to use and it can edit all non-encrypted windows
media files.

MS has a beta you can download for free that includes media indexer:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/technologies/resource.asp

You might also check out the enterprise deployment pack.

-HTH

Bruce