[thelist] Web Hosting Companies - Recommendations/Comments

Matthew Brooks m at pleonasm.com
Sat Jul 28 12:11:33 CDT 2001

"Melody Kerchhoff" <mel at kingsley.co.za> wrote:
>		 If you know of any other good hosting companies in North
>America who deal with international clients, I'd be really pleased to hear
>about them, especially if they have a referral or reseller program that
>works for internationals.

I live in France and use WestHost.com, based in Utah in the US, as my web
host. In 18 months they have had zero downtime. FTP and telnet from France
to their servers are both very fast. I've got 15MB space (enough for me,
but you can get more), CGI/Perl, PHP, mySQL, full referrer logs, and
unlimited transfer for US $8.95 a month. They also have e-commerce
packages. I'm very pleased with them. And no, I am not affiliated with them
in any way.

HTH, Matt