[thelist] Sending email using ASP and CDONTS

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Mon Jul 30 12:09:22 CDT 2001

On Jul 30, kevin d. white had something to say about [thelist] Sending...

>Quick question.  Is it possible, without 3rd party components,
>to send an email using ASP and CDONTS without having SMTP istalled
>on a win2k box?  I've got a security admin refusing the installation
>because "we already have a dedicated SMTP server".  My recolection
>is that you can't send email using ASP without the SMTP service
>installed or buying 3rd party stuff.

Looks like jmail is free:

http://tech.dimac.net/

I've also used Bamboo mail, but know MUCH less about it (including where
to find it ;-).

But, then you have to get the sec. admin to install the component.  =)

Good luck.

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com