[thelist] xmlhttp

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Jul 31 14:51:02 CDT 2001

At 12:01 PM 7/31/2001, you wrote:

>The page runs without blowing up, but HotInfo is empty at the end.  Yet
>when I actually load the URL into the location window of the browser (or
>click on it above for that matter), I get a whole buncha raw XML.

Is the XML you are grabbing fully compliant? The MS XML Object needs valid
XML to parse.

I found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q290/5/91.ASP

You might also want to update to MS lastest version of the XML COM object.
There are errors with the one shipped with NT 4.0 and Win2K

You can get that here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/default.asp?URL=/code/sample.asp?url=/msdn-files/027/001/548/MsdnCompositeDoc.xml

I also found this:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q299/5/66.asp?SD=MSDN&FR=0
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys

Blatant Plug: Cool Jazz for a hot summer,
     http://LisaMarie.Baratta.com