[thelist] Table weirdness, unwanted spaces in cells

Elfur Logadottir elfur at members.evolt.org
Tue Jul 31 17:01:07 CDT 2001

From: "Jeana Clark" <jmclark at multiservice.com>

| I remember when I first started doing table layouts that in order for
things
| to be *PERFECT* for ns4.* and some other browsers...

thanks Jeana,
but, it's not only NN that is barfing, it's IE as well.

|  and no spaces to
| appear between cells you had to have basically *all* of your

never heard of having all td's on one line, but have heard of having the
opening td and the closing one on the same line with no space after the
last tag and the closing td. this is a coding practise of mine so i am
using that as well.

|  But it
| worked.  I was going to try it out for you.. but it'd be easier since you
| have the images and all.  it's annoying.. but *shrug* might work...

nah, that's not it. as i stated earlier ... i kinda know what's causing the
problem, but it's the *why* part i'm struggling with.
I was hoping that there would be something obviously wrong with my code and
that some sweetheart would notice that for me, but i'm kinda thinking that
this is some strange "bug" i have to make a left turn for.

oh well.

thanks
*the puzzled one*