[thelist] Day-to-day workflow related questions

Chris Williams cwilliams at compumodules.com
Tue Jul 31 17:44:13 CDT 2001

Sounds like a normal day in life to me. Sole person here also, and sometimes
it's hard to get anything done.  I would cut out all phone calls, axe the
meetings, stop reading 600 emails per day, and see if your productivity
improves.  Remember, you can always be replaced.

Go for a walk, schedule your meetings during certain times of the day only,
ie. am or pm.  Get an answering machine and make it clear to your clients
you will be available to them between x and y times. Set a part of the week
aside for just 'you'  ie, ice cream afternoon/bike ride/nap on Wednesday
afternoon.  You dont have to say where you are going...it's your own
meeting.

Just remember to take care of your mental state. Set your boundaries and
people will respect them.  Have non, and you will be mincemeat.

Chris - but a different chris -