[thelist] Looking for a poll

Hansen, Grant HansenGO at prose.dpi.qld.gov.au
Tue Jul 31 17:47:53 CDT 2001

	>Correct me if I'm wrong, but the IP address isn't universal.  As
soon as an
	>ISP customer logs off and logs back on, they have a new IP address.
I know
	>on my DSL at home, the IP address I connect to is different each
time.

That's true, but looking at his requirement of :

> (on this particular site users can cast one vote a day).

I was thinking that most users would only dial their ISP once a day anyway,
and therefore only have one IP a day.  It's not perfect I know, I just felt
like contributing something instead of lurking around.

If the person is going to log on and off all day just to cast votes then the
jokes on them I think :-)

Grant Hansen

********************************DISCLAIMER****************************
The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages
(which includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the use of the person or entity
to which it is addressed.  If you are not the addressee any form of
disclosure, copying, modification, distribution or any action taken
or omitted in reliance on the information is unauthorised.  Opinions
contained in the message(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions
of the Queensland Government and its authorities.  If you received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete it from your computer system network.