[thelist] Re: Site never finished loading on Mac

Eric Benvenue-Jennings eric at rapid13.org
Thu Aug 2 10:12:48 CDT 2001

At 2:49 PM -0400 on 7/25/01, Eric Benvenue-Jennings wrote:

>> I'm running into something that I've seen many times
>> but have never seen addressed or discussed. It has to
>> do with Mac compatibility and some web sites. Basically,
>> when visiting some sites, a page will appear to have
>> loaded in it's entirety but my browser acts as if the
>> page never finishes loading.
<SNIP>

I received seven responses to the above query. Three reported that they were
unable to duplicate the problem and four confirmed the problem. There were
several suggestions offered, none of which helped. I did some troubleshooting
and this is what I discovered...

On the page that prompted me to write (http://rapid13.org/main/) I had one META
tag before the TITLE tag and one META tag that appeared after the TITLE tag.
Placing both META tags before the TITLE tag cleared up the problem for the page.

I still get the occasional odd delay on other pages and sites so I'm going to
start looking at the source code when it occurs and see if I can spot this
glitch or any other coding glitches.

Thanks to all who replied.

Eric Benvenue Jennings
404-819-5023