[thelist] PHP - includes & variable scope problem.... (fwd)

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Thu Aug 2 10:16:44 CDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 02:46:21 -0400
From: "[iso-8859-1] Stéphane Gosselin" <stef at cfusions.com>
To: thelist-admin-lists.evolt.org <thelist-admin at lists.evolt.org>
Subject: PHP - includes & variable scope problem....

Hi all. Excuse my englishhhhhhhhhh ! :))) Uhm. OK . SIte up
at  www.cfusions.com going up & . . .  the page is shock full of includes.
The idea behind the project was to.... learn PHP a bit better ( wonderful
web tool dudes, for those still snubbing it ! :)))

         The problem is actually simple..... I d like the text in my
includes to access the variables on the MAIN page from where they come
from.  Is it bad practice to have like .. 4-5-6 database requests for one
page view?! Is there a max? I guess it seems like the simplest answer but
then again I aint sur Im doing the right thing. Just want to learn it
proper, any suggestions are welcomed, coding examples to email below
if  they arent tolerated on list. Whatever.

Thanks all for this list, I read you peple often ! ! ! !

Stephane
Gosselin

stef at cfusions.com