[thelist] Mac browser check of CSS code

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 11:58:46 CDT 2001

> > iCab, IE4: not-so perfect. iCab doesn't support a:hover yet, besides
>neither
> > of them shows the border. My guess is that you should replace
> >
> > border: 1px solid #009;
> >
> > by
> >
> > border-width: 1px;
> > border-style: solid;
> > border-color: #009;
> >
> > to get the style sheet perfect in IE4Mac and iCab.
>
>Okay I've added a second version to the page with the border styles
>separated. How does it look now?
>
>http://members.evolt.org/astro38/css/naviexample.html

No change. I understand the problem now, though.

The problem is that you assign the borders to the A element. However, IE4
(Win and Mac), and apparently iCab too, see A elements as inline elements
that cannot have borders. Hence the borders are not shown.

Solution: apply the borders to the divs the a's are in. Even then, however,
it won't be beautiful, but it'll work.

ppk