[thelist] My chat with Network Solutions

Matthew Tarpy tarpy at pobox.com
Fri Aug 3 00:28:58 CDT 2001

Actually, I have a slightly tangental question:

I recently had a domain come up for renewal, and moved it from NSI to
another registrar. I just got paper spam (two months AFTER the move to
the new registrar was finalized) from NSI telling me my domain could be
in jeopardy if I didn't renew ASAP. I just checked with the new
registrar, and I'm good for another year (well till 10/7/02
apparently)...my question is, can anything bad happen? NSI apparently
thinks that they are still the registrar of record...can they smack me
in any way, or am I just being a silly git?

--Matthew